WIN an autographed copy of Bryan Caron’s new young adult novel.
All you need to do is guess the title of his new book, scheduled for release in November of 2013.
THE RULES ARE SIMPLE
1. Below is a cryptogram of the new book’s full title.
2. Translate the title and post your answer in the comments section of this page.
3. The first to correctly identify the name of the title (based on the time stamp of the comment) will be the official winner.*
4. Contest is open to U.S. Residents Only.**
WHAT DO YOU WIN?***
1. A signed copy of Bryan Caron’s new novel upon its release (Trade Paperback)
2. A signed, full-size poster of the cover art for Bryan Caron’s new novel.
3. A signed copy of Bryan Caron’s science fiction novel Jaxxa Rakala: The Search (Trade Paperback)
4. A signed copy of Bryan Caron’s novel Year of the Songbird (Trade Paperback)
5. A DVD copy of Bryan Caron’s coming-of-age feature film, Secrets of the Desert Nymph
WHAT’S THE CATCH?
Every Friday, from October 4th to October 25th, a new clue will be added to help aid you in your translation. However, with each new clue, one prize will be forfeited. Prize 5 will be deleted with the first clue, Prize 4 with the second and so on.
After the last clue is revealed, everyone will have one additional week to solve the puzzle (and win a signed copy of the book upon its release) before the cover and official release date are revealed on November 1st.
It’s not going to be easy, and you’ll have to think outside of the box for this one, but the challenge is well worth it.
If you have any questions (other than what the title is), please ask them in the comments section below.
GUESS THE TITLE:
Qe2 b6 dxe5 Rh6 Qd2 Na7 Qxd5 Nh7 Ne2 Qc7 Bd2 Bh3 Kg1 Bc3 Qb7 Qd8
Rxh3 Qxd2 Qxa7 Rb8 Ra2 Kf8 Qxh7 Qxe2 Nd6 Rg6 Qa7
Clue #1: Play the game with Kings and Queens and don’t forget to give them a little space (as can be seen in the cryptogram itself).
Clue #2: Start your decoder in the bottom left corner, then follow from left to right to find your order. But don’t forget to leave spaces where they matter, using the above cryptogram as a pattern.
Clue #3: Half of the board will hold all of our letters; what’s left but to mirror the pattern, then think eclipse and in the end it’ll matter.
Clue #4: Eager to know the title? Use the previous clues to fill the board, then play the cryptogram to spell the answer you’ve been looking for.